Monday, July 21, 2008

 

List-full

I have to make some changes to be a better Andrea. Here they are, in no particular order, right off the top of my head:

Work:
  1. Stop being so angry/cynical which leads to mean sarcasm which in turn some people think is funny. But negativity is negativity, no matter which way you slice it and it's making me ill.
  2. "Simma Down Now!" on the gossip. We all do it, it's human nature. But as Thumper said "If you can't say anything nice don't say it at all". I'm going to try applying that more often than not.
  3. No more beating myself up. I'm learning a new position that I landed with little training (it was the situation, no one's fault). It's only natural that I should make mistakes which leads me to number 4....
  4. Stop taking it personally! It's work. Not life.
  5. Pay attention more and listen. This is a big one. I have serious A.D.D. issues that keep me from hearing complete sentences. Most the time I already think I know what you've said by the time you get out three words. And the problem is that I'm reacting on those three words, not the complete sentence, ie, jumping to conclusions which makes me take it personally.

Home Life:

  1. Start back on a 15 minute clean schedule a day. This is from www.flylady.net which my Mom made me try for a week. It's simple: Set a timer for 15 minutes. Hit up the hot spots in your house like the kitchen, living room, etc. and clean, uninterupted for 15 minutes. You'd be amazed at how much you can get done and if you can't get it all done in 15 minutes that's okay. You always have tomorrow.
  2. Have more patience with Alan and others which are house guests.
  3. Spend more time upstairs with others. Ever since I was a teenager I've always wanted to be in my bedroom alone. Like I've said before, I tend to prefer solitude and ever since I was a little girl my bedroom has always been my sanctuary. But I'm missing out on a lot by cutting myself out of other peoples life.
  4. Go out more! Yes, that's what I typed. I stay in to much and as a result I'm losing friends left and right because I never feel like doing anything.
  5. Try and cook something at least one time a week. It's not fair that Alan has to do all the cooking.

Mind/Body:

  1. Start working out again. I talked to Alan about this last night and told him how much I miss swimming. So I'm going to look into joining a masters team in town. I'm going to look tonight and I am so excited!!
  2. Positive meditation: Think good thoughts and relax for ten minutes at least every other day.
  3. Cut down on soda and un-whole foods. No diet soda, soda in strict moderation, lots of water, veggies, fruit, etc.
  4. Continue to get good sleep. With my depression it really throws me out of wack when my sleep schedule is interupted.
  5. Stop doing injecting heroin. Okay, I'm kidding on that one. HA.

There's my self improvement list. While it's true I can't do much about being depressed there are things I have power over: the way I treat myself, my body, my loved ones and my home. I think honestly working on these items will make me feel better. We'll see!


Comments:
I LOVE FLYLADYS! They are my heros!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]