Saturday, May 24, 2008

 

Work, Books and a Mild Weekend Forcasted

I love the fact that when I woke up this morning at 8:58am, late for me these days, it was cloudy. Seriously, I do love that. I love cloudy mornings, especially those that I can sleep in at my leisure. It's actually going to clear out for the rest of the day for all you sun lovers (me included).

Yesterday was Reuben's last official day at work. It's sad because I'm not going to have him around to harass and be ultra smart ass to, but I think John (my new boss) is going to be equally fun. On top of that my other favorite co-worker, Suzanne, is leaving next Friday. (Note to self to work more on personal hygiene, ie, bathing, so my co-workers don't rapidly leave as has been the trend). On a positive note, I was offered Suzanne's position as Office Manager so I got a job promotion by default! I'm going to miss Suzanne's mild manner and ultra sweet disposition but I am very excited about this opportunity and the weath of experience I am about to gain. The next week will be insane for me at work as I am going to attempt to learn everything I need to know about her job in 4 days.

Enough about work.

This weekend is going to be awesome! I have nothing planned and I have the house to myself. Listen, I love my hubby but I haven't had a weekend away from him in forever and I am excited about it! I don't care who you are or what type of relationship you have with your significant other it's totally healthy to want a few days apart. I relish in the fact that I don't have to go anywhere or do anything if I don't want to. I probably will though. I think Julie is up to something tonight, but I'm not sure. Either way I see sushi and reading in my afternoon. :)

Speaking of reading I have been really into Phillipa Gregory lately. She wrote The Other Boleyn Girl. I devoured that book! Come to find out see has a whole series of Tudor novels and also another series. So I'm now reading The Queen's Fool and am enjoying it.

Also, I have new Elle, Nylon and Rolling Stone magazines to catch up on. God, I love pop culture!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]