Monday, April 21, 2008

 

The Household Madonna

I'm going dress really cute tomorrow. Because I want to. Because I can. Because it's been a while since I've felt really confident.

I didn't really write much last week. Not because there wasn't much going on in my life. There was, there is. Lots. A lot to share another time.

Updates in home life: Alan bought a new deluxe knife set. There are seriously like 80 different knifes. All of which I have no business even looking at. I'm not the most coordinated when it comes to cutting things...like food. The other night I just wanted to cut my pizza and I got dizzy making my choice as to which one to use. I gave up and used an old steak knife. My old man is very particular in which way these knives are stored. I've already cut myself. When I went to place a glass in the dishwasher the damn meat cleaver brushed against my thumb and it bit me. I bled like a stuck pig.

On Saturday I raked all the leaves that were chilling out and decomposing on our back patio. I also mowed the lawn, much to Alan's chagrin. I assured him that I knew what I was doing, that I used to mow the lawn all the time to help my parents out when I was younger and that I actually like it. Hey, it's like vaccuming outside! So Alan gave in, and let me mow, but only after I promised I wouldn't use it against him. For example saying "I was mowing the lawn with a broken foot because my husband wouldn't!" or "Yea, our grass was waist high and it just didn't really bother my husband, so I took action. Oh by the way, my foot way broken"...that type of blackmail. You know, that wasn't allowed. I promised.

Sunday I went shopping for hair products and self tanners. That was fun.

Sunday night we fried catfish and had tater tots. Which was very appropriate being that we watched Napoleon Dynamite earlier on in the day. Tots. TOTS!

Today I went to the doctor for a follow up on my foot. On a positive note, I am healing nicely! I was told to wait another week to start back at the gym. Apparently I also tore a ligament (which I didn't hear the first time around, huh!) and that is what really needs more babying, not the broken bones. So I can start next week with cycling at the gym. Doctor suggested starting with 20 minutes and adding on 2-3 minutes per session. Then after I ease into that I can start adding the treadmill and elliptical.

This evening I went to projectplaylist.com to assemble an all Madonna playlist in hopes that it would inspire me to write. Music sometimes does. And it did. Look what you got. A blog about life, all inspired by Cherish.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]