Wednesday, February 6, 2008

 

Implantation of the Brain

The biggest lie I ever told got me the most fun job I've had since I was a teenager. The lie? Why, it was not ill intended of course, but man oh man it was a whopper. I told my current employer, "I am a highly organized person and things drive me crazy when they are out of place!" I said this with a shit eating grin on my mug and a polka dotted scarf tied around my neck. I am seriously convinced it's easier to bend the truth a smidget when you are dressed to the nines.

Organized: methodical and efficient in arrangement or function.

Disorganized: lacking order or methodical arrangement or function.

I am much more of the latter. Don't get me wrong, I am a hard worker, I think I am very professional and efficient, but definetely not organized.

When I think about it, no, I'm not organized but I am a master at multitasking. In fact, I am pretty sure I could not NOT multitask. Even in my spare time I am multi-tasking. Example: right now I am waiting on the dryer to get done so I can put my clothes in the dryer and fold Alan's, I am eating dinner as I write, making a list of things to do while Laurissa is here, mentally preparing for Alan to grumble about the "budget" and thinking of ways I can manipulate more money out of him and how I can stretch my funds while also sporadicly breaking throughout this blog to check my spelling by using google as my spell check.

On that note, am I the only one who uses Google as a dictionary? I simply can't be.

So today my friend let me read his book that he's working on. It was really good stuff! Now I am very much inspired to start my own. I've been thinking about it for a few years actually. Before I was interested in writing fiction but now I feel like I've got a pretty good start on writing non-fiction about my life or just silly observations. I think I'm pretty funny and brutally honest. Well, it's something to think about anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]