Monday, January 21, 2008

 

Weighing In

REPOST 1/30/06

Perhaps I should be worried about my weight.
But I'm not.

It's always been a touchy subject with me. I fought long and hard with my mind to accept that I'd never be a size four or six or even ten. I'm a big girl even at my most fit. I won this battle with my mind and have been at peace with my self image ever since.

I've been told by friends that my self confidence is catching and that in being around me they to feel more confident. Is this because I am bigger than them and they in turn feel smaller around me? Maybe in part, but I think there is more to it.

It's called Act It, Feel It, Be It. And I do it every day. ACT confident about yourself and in turn you will FEEL confident which will then MAKE YOU confident. This saying works on many different levels and has gotten me through many bad days.

Back to the weight issue. Being a bigger person in society is hard. It's one of the only medical conditions, besides skin conditions & deformities, that you can see on the outside of a person. There is so much pressue to be thin and look perfect, it's absolutely insane!

What I'd really like to say is that before you beat yourself up for not losing weight or for how you look stop and think about why you are doing it. Is it for you or is it for someone else? And what are you going to do about it besides complain? Because let me tell you, I have mentally left many a conversation when people start complaining about their weight or naming what they ate that day. How boring can you get?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]