Tuesday, January 15, 2008

 

The New of Love

The New of Love

I was talking to someone about this today:

I have two friends are truely, deeply in love. It's been 3 months now they've been dating seriously and they are so sweet, so cute, so endearing to each other. It's really beautiful to see. It's a joy to be around them.

But then I got to thinking about the "new" of love. If everything goes as planned in my marriage, I'll never have that again. I'll never have those butterflies of when you go on your first date or when you wonder when they will call...the first time you kiss, first fight, first time you make love, etc. Never again!

So is it nothing but down from here? Do you trade butterflies for stability? Does society and its thoughts on marriage set us up for failure? Or am I alone in this thinking? Or, do you, as my friend stated, "start making babies!"?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy with my current marital status.

I'm so confused. What do you think?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]